Thursday, August 14, 2008

Chocolate Macaroon Pizza



If you love a Mounds candy bar - you'll love this recipe.

1 Package fudge brownie mix (plus ingredients to make the brownies)
2 Egg whites
1 Package (14 oz) sweetened flaked coconut
1 Can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
1 Package (2.25 oz) sliced almonds
2 Tablespoons (1 oz) semi-sweet chocolate morsels, melted
1 tsp. vegetable oil

1. Preheat oven to 375. Place a 15-inch circle of Parchment paper on a round pizza pan. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Pour brownie batter onto parchment. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until brownie is set Do NOT overbake. Remove from oven and place on cooking rack.



In a clean bowl, combine egg whites, coconut and sweetened condensed milk; mix well. Spread coconut mixture over top of brownie to within 1/4 inch of edge. Sprinkle with almonds. Return to oven and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until edges of coconut are deep golden brown. Remove from oven and place on cooking rack.



Place chocolate morsels and oil in saucepan or microwave. Microwave for 45 seconds or until chocolate is melted and smooth, stirring after each 10 second interval. Do not overheat. Drizzle chocolate over pizza. Cut into wedges. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature. Serves 16.

11 comments:

koryshar said...

you didn't list how much coconut. I'd love to make this so could you please. Thanks!

Rindy R said...

Thank you for catching that! I added the amount to my blog - it is a 14 oz bag sweetened flaked coconut.
Sorry!

Unknown said...

Man o Man! That looks fabulous. I think I'll have Naomi make that. She's the cook in the family.

Cathy - wheresmydamnanswer said...

WOW - that is a show stopper!! Lool so great and deadly to the diet - oh well so worth it!!

Ashley said...

Alright.. now I'm drooling.. Mmmmmm...

Rindy R said...

Cheri, Cathy and Ashley - This is a great dessert to make. So easy but it looks amazing. This definitely causes "Blogger Butt"- so beware!! Thanks for the comments.

Deborah said...

What a great recipe! I bet this one is a true crowd-pleaser!

Anonymous said...

I'm new to your blog, and this looks delicious! It reminds me of seven-layer cookies, which are my favorite.

Rindy R said...

Julia - I LOVE seven layer cookies - and you are right! This recipe gives me the same coconut fix as well! YUM! Thanks for stopping by and making a comment!

test it comm said...

That looks so good!

Girl Fisher said...

I've been catching up on your blog, and can't remember how I connected to the BRK which brought me here. Wonderful blog! I wanted to say thank you for this recipe! I've been wanting to make a brownie, macaroon and chocolate chip cookie bar and this is a great start!