Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Avocado Breakfast Sandwich



Quite frankly, I don't know a better way to start a day then to incorporate an Avocado into your breakfast sandwich. Now, I know, I have already lost some of you - those of you that can't appreciate that light green slice of heaven snuggled between that salty crisp bacon and sharp cheddar cheese. It's ok - check my blog tomorrow - I won't be talking about Avocados!
My kids and I are back up at my folks cabin and their sweet little neighbor owns an Avocado grove in FL. She packed these suckers in her luggage to bring up and share with the neighbors. Needless to say - she went over the 50 pound weight limit.



Miss Charlotte, is the "Jolliest" (if that is a word) little lady you could ever meet. She has wonderful stories to tell about White Lake since she has been coming here since childhood. I don't dare ask when it began - but just trust me - she is an original up here! One story that I just marvel at is this: When she was a little girl living in New York City, her mother would send her down to her Aunt's house in Florida on the train- by herself. (I am the mother of two little girls - 10 and 8 - and raising two little girls in this day and age- it is hard to think about sending them on a train with each other - let alone by themselves!) She had only been there for about 2 weeks and decided she had had enough of the hot, hard life! She wrote a note of goodbye and thanks, left it on the bed and at the crack of dawn walked to the train station. She got there in the early morning, bought her ticket home and ended up on her mother's doorstep! She said her mother had always taught her not to talk to strangers, so she did not say a word to anyone the entire one and a half day trip home. No big deal she said. Can you imagine?
Oh- the good old days. I can't let my kids ride their bikes in front of our house alone and at 8 she was buying a train ticket in the early morning? Crazy!

No wonder lugging 10 tons of Avocados through airport security was no big deal to her! We love our Miss Charlotte for her stories and Avocados!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

No fear of Avacados here. This sandwich sounds superb! I might even get up for breakfast if that awaited me. Umm so GOOD.

Deborah said...

I can't understand why some people wouldn't love avocados - I could eat one every day!! And this sounds like the perfect way to start the day.

Alejandra Ramos said...

oh my gosh...i love avocados in my breakfast sandwiches! I love them in my everything! :)

DelShnell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Why have I never tried avocados for breakfast?? I love them! And your sandwich looks delicious. Admittedly, I'm mainly suckered in by the bacon. But still...this is a combo I will have to soon try!

Jerry said...

Anything with bacon is always good, the added bonus the avocado!

Anonymous said...

I saw a recipe for avocado in scrambled eggs with bacon, looked disgusting, now I can only eat scrambled eggs with avocados-its like butter! Your sandwich sounds great.

Anonymous said...

I too love to start the day w/avocados. And every meal after. One of my favorite meals out includes avocado and grilled shrimp. So good. I love your blog.