Monday, April 27, 2009

Rice Crispy Treats - as big as their Face!



My daughter, Jensen, is involved with a group of girls from our church. The group calls themselves the Faithgirlz. I am very excited Jensen is learning how to better cope with friendships, parents and her own emotions through this group. I wish I was given these instructions when I was her age. I still have days, with my friends, that I have to scratch my head and wonder "What just happened there?" I don't think life gets any easier - so filling her proverbial tool bag with helpful solutions can only help Jensen on her journey of life. Last month I volunteered to bring the treat. I knew I had to do two things: Make something tasty and make it as big as their face. Even a bad treat - when made big- seems like the greatest thing! I made three pans. Each pan was a 9 by 13 and I cut them into 6 pieces each. Those are some big treats!



Another "No Fail" idea - which I learned from Big Red Kitchen's Robin Sue, is package it pretty. Even simple treats, when packaged appropriately, seem like a delicacy! Robin Sue introduced me to the wax paper "Pouch" and I have used them ever since. I used my Avery Business card templet to make the tags to staple onto the bags. Just ran them off on regular paper to save money.



What treat do you like to make for your kids clubs?

6 comments:

Robin said...

I want to be a faithgirlz. I have scratch the head momments too. Adult life feels more and more like highschool everyday.

Isn't there a birthday girl to be around here somewhere?!! Hee hee! Must do lunch SOON!!

Sabrina said...

The FaithGirlz is the neatest thing. What a firm foundation to start life on. And your treats are so cool. Great ideas.

noble pig said...

Those are so cute! I love baked goods wrapped up in packages!

Sheila said...

Rice crispy treats are the ultimate goody for young ladies. Girls certainly have special emotional needs and these last a lifetime.

Tammy said...

Rindy, what an awesome idea for girls! I'm sure they LOVED the treat and the treat packaging. Girls love stuff like that, don't they? I'd love to know a little more about faithgirlz. Are they using a particular study? I've got a 12 y/o who would really benefit with something similar. I'd even be willing to start something at our church. We'd have your rice crispy treats at our first meeting! ;)

Tammy said...

Love the link you gave me! I will definitely be exploring more about faithgirlz. Thank you. :)