Wednesday, April 29, 2009

FF + BB = GB



Field Trip Friends plus Beautiful Brunch equals Great Birthday!

So I turned 39 yesterday. Can I just tell you how happy I am to turn 39. I will be ecstatic to turn 40 and I will be in bliss when I am 79! Breast cancer at 36 puts many things into perspective - and let me tell you - birthday's are one of them. I remember when I was first diagnosed many of my friends were turning 40. I remember thinking "God - please just let me turn 40". The minute I prayed this I distinctly remember praying while I was in college "God - Please let me just get married and have a child in my lifetime". I realize now that I should have thought more long term with my prayers.
Insert NOTE TO SELF - HERE!



My beautiful friend Julie was silly enough to find 3 friends who all have birthdays within a week of each other. She had us all over to her beautiful downtown home. With the help of our other friend Mary - she put on a wonderful brunch.



The weather was 70 and sunny and with a table setting like this....you just knew it was going to be a great day!



Of course Meredith, our Field Trip Mascot was invited. Who else could we blame for all the eaten Fractured Prune doughnuts?



Julie is one of my friends who shares my love of cooking. Look what she does with her Kitchen Aid mixer. Each season brings a new "costume" for her well used friend. At Christmas the reindeer antlers and red nose "supervise" the cookie making.



I think when you are young, your heart longs for a Best Friend; but as you grow older and wiser - you come to realize - the more the merrier! I thank God for all the friends He has put on my path. I am continually learning from all of them and I hope I get the chance to live to 79 so I can just keep collecting them.

Thank you Julie and Mary for making # 39 worth repeating - Let's do 39 again next year!

7 comments:

Robin said...

You are a great friend to all of us Rindy! Glad you had a great day!

Bobi said...

I too thank your friends for the GREAT DAY you had. It was so much fun to enter into your day through pictures. Your Mom so appreciates all the love bestowed on you by friends for guess who really wins?
That would be me - because what they do for you you do for me and I love being the recipient of all your kindness! Love you - MOM

Controlling My Chaos said...

Happy Birthday, Rindy! Thanks for the reminder that we should be thankful for growing older. It's much better than the alternative. It looks like you had a great day with friends. :)

Karen said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great day :)

noble pig said...

Wow, I really understand what you are saying about aging and breast cancer. I can only imagine what you have gone through and continue to worry about. May you be celebrating your 100th right here on the net!

Happy 39th!

Sabrina said...

Happy Birthday Rindy. That lunch looked beautiful. Here's to seeing many more birthdays.

Sheila said...

Happy belated b-day! I try to remember to pray for those long term things, too. But it is funny, I think most tend to be here and now in thinking. What a sweet post.