Monday, April 13, 2009

Bobi's Bites: Potato Salad - on the Sweet Side!



My mom threw this together one night when we were in Florida last week. It was delicious! With every bite my brain didn't know whether to register sweet, salty or savory. I enjoyed the confusion immensely! Confuse your brain today and whip up a batch!

2 Sweet potatoes
3 white potatoes
1 cup mayonnaise (or to taste)
1 Tablespoon PickaPeppa Sauce (may substitute Worcester sauce)
1/2 red onion, minced
1 stalk celery (she wanted to put 2 stalks in - but you know how I feel about celery)
4 oz pimentos, drained
6 slices bacon, cooked until crisp

Peel and dice potatoes. Boil white potatoes - about 1/2 way through add sweet potatoes. Drain when fork tender. Cool in fridge at least 1 hour.
Mix remaining ingredients then add cooled potatoes to mixture. Serve and Enjoy!

5 comments:

Sheila said...

I have been loving sweet potatoes lately, and anything with bacon is certainly worth trying. Potato salad can be so blah sometimes; this sounds great for our next picnic {if we get a really warm day again soon}.

Robin said...

You won my heart on the sweet potatoes and bacon! So coloful too!

Scate said...

This looks great - and I love the sweet potato addition! I'll have to search for the pickadilly sauce or whatever its called.

noble pig said...

OMG I have to try this....what an awesome, awesome dish! Thank you!

Elyse said...

Mmm, this potato salad sounds delicious. I love a bit of a perplexer for the mouth!