Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Chocolate Chip Cookie - Upscale!



My mom makes the best chocolate chip cookies in the whole wide world. I have sampled crispy ones, chewy ones, small ones, fat ones, ones with white chips, ones with nuts and every other kind, and I have come to the conclusion that my mom still makes the best chocolate chip cookies. I have tried to improve on these perfect morsels of goodness to no avail! They are simply the best. I figured the only way to improve them - Is to serve them with the dignity they deserve.




Bobi's Tollhouse Cookies

1 1/2 cups flour
2 cups uncooked oatmeal (quick oats)
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 (3.4 oz) package instant vanilla pudding
Mix together and set aside

Blend:
1 cup (2 sticks) margarine or butter (I always use butter)
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
Beat in 2 room temperature eggs.

Add flour mixture and mix well. Stir in 12 oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips. I always add a little more. Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet.
Bake at 375 for 10 minutes. Cool on sheet for 5 minutes then move to cooling rack.



Enjoy! To use as decoration on a glass, cut slit in cookies right when they come out of the oven - then cool for 20 minutes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The instant pudding seems like a new twist to an old cookie. Can't wait to try for in this whole world there is little that beats a chocolate chip cookie!!!!

Rindy R said...

The pudding keeps the cookies very moist and chewy!