Monday, November 17, 2008

Bobi's Bites: Stuffed Baked Apples!



My mother, bless her heart, has been pumping out more blogs then I have lately. It usually starts with a call that goes something like this... Rindy, I'm going to such-and-such house and I am going to try a new recipe. Do you want me to take pictures of it for your blog? To which I ALWAYS reply "YES"! I have been benefitting greatly from my mom's active social life. These apples did sound great when she was describing them to me and by the pictures I know they were a huge hit at the party she was attending. Thanks mom for blogging for me and sharing this recipe for yummy Stuffed Baked Apples. I'm sure it will be an additional THANKSGIVING Dessert everyone will love! Keep up the good work (and active social life)!

Preheat oven to 350
Bobi's Bites: Stuffed Baked Apples!
You will need:
10 X 15 baking dish
About 20 medium gala or delicious apples
32 oz. container of cider or Cranapple juice
1 stick butter (8 tblspns)
10 firmly packed tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 cup sliced almonds

Granola Topping
Two cups
(You may make your own or buy a good quality granola cereal.)

Caramel Sauce
1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
` 4 1/12 Tablespoons water
1 stick butter
3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
(makes about 1 1/2 cups)



Cut off tops of apples. Using a melon baller remove core, cutting to
but not through bottom of apple.
Hollow out apples leaving 1/4 inch thick shell (reserve apple flesh
for filling.)
Place apples in 10 x 14 baking dish and fill apple shells with cider.
Bake at least 20 minutes or until apples are slightly tender. Drain, discarding juice.



In a saucepan combine apple flesh, butter, brown sugar, vanilla and
cinnamon. Cook over medium-high heat until apples are tender.
Stir into above mixture graham cracker crumbs, sliced almonds, and about two cups of apple cider left over from filling apples before baking.
Spoon above filling into prepared apples.
Sprinkle with granola topping.
Serve with a dollop of whipped cream, just plain heavy cream or
ice cream to which you may or may not want to add carmel sauce
which you can make or buy

1 comment:

Robin said...

Bobi these look to die for! I love a good stuffed apple but it is hard to find good ones! I will have to try this one out on my family! I even have a cute little apple baker Polish pottery piece! Two actually!