Friday, November 7, 2008

The Best Taco filling - EVER!



I'll admit it - I am completely partial to Mexican food. If given the opportunity to go out to eat, I ALWAYS choose Mexican. I am constantly looking for recipes that will give me the flavors I love at restaurants, but also in the comfort of my own home. Well, the other day I hit pay dirt! I dug into my cookbooks and came across this recipe from an elementary school cookbook I purchased last year. It caught my attention when I saw - Slow cooker - but it stole my heart with the first taste!



White Chili Mini Tacos
1 1/4 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs (I used organic chicken tenders)
2 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning Mix
1 (4.5 oz) can chopped green chilies
1 (19 oz) can cannelloni beans, drained
Taco shells

Place chicken in crock pot. Sprinkle with taco seasoning mix. Top with chiles and beans. Cover and cook at low setting for 5 or 6 hours. 15 minutes before serving, shred chicken in crock pot and mix together with beans. Place into shells with favorite taco toppings.

My family ATE IT UP! This recipe will definitely go into the family rotation!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Sounds delicious... I love Mexican food, too and am always looking at new recipes. Can't get any easier than using a crock pot!

Anonymous said...

YUM! This sounds good and I love the crock pot factor. Thanks for sharing...
Elaine