Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Skewered Ginger Beef



This recipe came from my sister-in-law Jillieta. My hubby is the oldest of 6 kids and when all of his family gets together - it's a crowd. Each family takes turns doing a meal for the entire clan - and when it is Aunt Jillieta's turn - we all ask for this delectable treat! It has become my daughter Jensen's favorite dinner.

1 cup sugar
1 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 bunch green onions, sliced
6 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
3/4 tsp. ground ginger
2 tsp. pepper
2 pounds beef sirloin steak, cut into 1/4 inch strips

In a large re-sealable plastic bag, combine the first 8 ingredients; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Drain and discard marinade. Thread steak onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 15 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally. I serve this over rice and with a green salad.

2 comments:

amycaseycooks said...

I can see why this is a family favorite. It has all the flavors our family loves - I can't wait to make it. I love food on a stick.

Rindy R said...

EAT! - We have been loving your food as well. Made my girls those yummy chicken nuggets from your blog today! They are the best!! Thanks!