Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Rindy's Chicken Salad



Even your carrot sticks will stand at attention when you introduce them to this Chicken Salad!
Over the years I have had my fair share of chicken salad. You've got your salad with celery, with water chestnuts, and with a dozen of wonderful ingredients - but I have never found one I like more then this one. Whenever I make this luncheon treat, I always get asked "What is that taste"? My recipe has the certain ingredient that people can't put their finger on - but they love it! Here's the secret.....Sesame Oil! Try out this summer creation and see if your vegetables don't take notice.

2 cups Rotisserie chicken, cut off and chopped to desired size
1 scallion
1/2 cup green or red grapes, cut into thirds
1/4 cup almond slices
1/3 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
1 tsp. Sesame oil
salt and pepper to taste



Mix ingredients together and serve on croissant, toast, lettuce salad or even wonton wrapper - see below.
If making a day ahead, leave almonds out until ready to serve.

Place wonton wrappers in greased muffin tins. Bake at 400 for 8 minutes. Let cool and store in an air tight container. You can make 1 to 2 days ahead of time.

3 comments:

Robin said...

ooh sounds extra special when placed in crispy wonton cups! Thanks for that idea!

Anonymous said...

looks like i know what to make for lunch today

Rindy R said...

Robin Sue - When you serve them in a wonton cup - they are great for brunches or showers.

Sarah - Had it for lunch yesterday - and breakfast today! Lucky me!