Thursday, July 17, 2008

Roasted New Potato Salad



You know those days that you just get caught up being a wife, mommy, coach, referee, maid.... the list is endless? Then out of the blue - you go to the mail box and YEAH - your favorite magazine is waiting for you. It sits in your mailbox patiently waiting like a mini surprise party just for you - just because! That is how I feel about my Southern Living subscription. No matter how hard a day has been, when I get that little gift in the mail - I know it is going to be a great night.
I snuggle up in bed and peruse the pages. I put sticky notes on the pages of the recipes I intend to try. Half the time I never make it back to try those scrumptious treats - but this potato salad recipe was different. The minute I saw it - I knew I had to make it - and SOON! This comes out of my April 2004 Southern Living. At this point, my copy of the recipe looks like it has been to the front lines of battle - but it is always victorious!


2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Pounds small red potatoes, diced
1/2 medium-sized onion, chopped
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
8 to 10 cooked crisp bacon slices, crumbled
1 bunch green onions, chopped
3/4 cup prepared Ranch dressing
Salt and pepper to taste

Place oil in a 15 x 10 inch jellyroll pan; add potatoes and the next 4 ingredients, tossing to coat. Arrange potato mixture in a single layer.
Bake at 425 for 30 to 35 minutes (if you like your potatoes crispier, bake about 10 minutes longer, stirring once). Transfer to a large bowl.
Toss together potatoes, bacon, green onions, and dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to serve.


If I am serving a steak dinner - sometimes I will substitute Blue cheese dressing in place of the Ranch - And lets face it - can you ever really have enough Blue Cheese?

4 comments:

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

Just found your blog. The potatoe salad looks great and I love all your other recipes. Will be stopping back again.

Rindy R said...

Lisa - Thanks for stopping by! I am having the leftover potato salad for lunch today and I can't wait!
Hope to see you again. Love your blog too - Jersey Girl!!

amycaseycooks said...

Don't you love getting mail?! It is so much fun to actually get a letter or card in my mailbox - and not an email. A magazine in the mailbox is the next best thing.

Rindy R said...

EAT! - and you know what is better then getting a letter in the mail....Getting your picture on tastespotting or foodgawker!!!!! I call it Cooking Crack! Fun, Fun, Fun!