Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Raspberry Cheesecake Trifle!



Remember my "Pharmacist" friend Michelle? The friend I call when my children have a funny rash, or my hubby has out-of-control poison ivy - or whenever I was starting a new round of chemo - I relied on my friend Michelle. Not only is she a wonderful addition to my back pocket of friends, her hubby is an outstanding baker, BBQ'er and cook. It's like getting 4 for the price of one with this friendship.

At Christmas Roy made a decadent Trifle - And about 2 weeks ago- after much asking the recipe came my way. Hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!



RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE TRIFLE

16 oz cream cheese
2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract

1 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon sugar

1 angel food cake, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
2 quarts fresh raspberries, strawberries or thickly sliced peaches (I often use a mixture of fresh and frozen berries)
3 Tablespoons sugar

In a large mixing bowl, blend cream cheese and powdered sugar together. Add the sour cream, vanilla and almond extract. In a small bowl, whip the heavy cream, vanilla and sugar until stiff. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Add the cake cubes and coat well. Drain raspberries and add the sugar. Mix well. Layer into a trifle bowl, starting with a layer of raspberries, then a layer of cake/cream cheese mixture. Continue layering, ending with raspberries (five total layers). Cover with plastic wrap and chill well before serving. Garnish with mint leaves and/or whole berries.



Thanks Michelle and Roy for your desserts, friendship and your wealth of information you always graciously share with us!
We love you guys!

3 comments:

Creative Classroom Core said...

I LOVE trifle, and this one sounds AMAZING!

Tammy said...

This sounds amazing! It's been a long time since I've seen a new twist on a trifle. This recipe will breathe new life into my trifle dish.

Donna said...

this recipe is fast and awesome..I used frozen rasp. they worked perfect and added amaretto instead of almond...great recipe...kudos!!!