Thursday, January 1, 2009

Organization in the New Year!

Happy New Year! I hope you had a wonderful time ringing in the New Year! That is over now and perhaps you have been left with a huge mess. Perhaps you started with a huge mess (that is more the place I am in). Over Christmas break - my mother inspired me. She made me go down into that room that I try to avoid at all costs - my craft room. I was so excited when I moved into this house- primarily because I was going to have a designated "Craft Room". It didn't take long to realize that my craft room was reallly my CRAP room (pardon the french).



I took this picture when we were practically done with the room - you can imagine how messy it was to begin with!



This is the finished room (do I hear the choir playing in the background?)



The best part now, is that I know what is on each one of those shelves. You want clothes pins for a craft - I got 'em. You want bandanas for a western day - I got 'em. You want ribbons for a package - I got 'em - and check this out....



This is an organization tip for your craft room. Put all those rolls of ribbon on slacks hangers and hang them in a closet. It allows you to see your supply and lets you easily access it! Make sure you find a hanger with very small rods - or the holes in the ribbons won't fit. I love it!
Thanks mom for helping me turn this Crap room into this great CRAFT room!

18 comments:

Robin said...

Now you need a Dewey Decimal System or bar code system so you can check everything out and put it back in the right spot! Or I could check things out... Looks great!

Debbie said...

I'm jealous!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I have a crap room too...it needs some help.

Happy 2009 to you and your family. Looking forward to visiting here over the year!

Sabrina said...

That is the greatest idea of using the slacks hangers. I have a huge bin of ribbon I am scared of opening. Now I know what to do. Thank you so much.

PS... Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl - I am off to buy a slacks hangar. We get so soon old and so late smart. Where were you when I needed you 50 years ago? Ribbon needs a home of its own!

GirlyFruFru said...

Love your Site !!

tamilyn said...

I love the ribbon idea. I don't often use ribbon in scrapbooking, but I know my Mom uses a lot in card making. I will pass that idea on to her.
Love your site! Thanks for the ideas!

RecipeGirl said...

Hooray for organizing! LOVE the ribbon idea. I'm stealing that one.

JJ said...

So I forgot to comment when you posted this, but this is the most Brilliant idea ever and I am sooooo copying you!

House of Smiths said...

OOooh, I LOVE this idea! Where do you find hangers like this? I have to know!
Shelley Smith
casonshelley.blogspot.com
wonderfullywordy.blogspot.com

Rindy R said...

The Smith Family - I found my at Bed, Bath and Beyond - but that was about a year ago. Good luck! I love this trick!

Heathahlee said...

I can't even remember all the blogs I visited to find you, but I'm so glad I did! I needed this ribbon tip! Thanks!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

YAY! You just answered my ribbon dilemma and saved me a bunch of money too!! ;-) Awesome!

Aimee said...

I LOVED your idea for the ribbon organization and featured it here!

The Little Red Shop said...

What a great idea, thank you! You are certainly blessed with a wonderful craft room!

: )

Julie M.

Scot Martin said...

This is a really cool post. I love this kitchen. It is completely the style that would fit me.samsung refrigerator compressor reset

Scot Martin said...

A pretty important functions of one's kitchen are to store, prepare and cook food and to accomplish related tasks including dishwashing.washing machine stops at rinse cycle

fox said...

so pleasant assortment never seen such uncommon things kitchen cloths. much obliged for sharing this data.washing machine stops at rinse cycle