Monday, May 25, 2009

Libby's Chicken Marinade!



This is one of those posts - where the pictures just don't do the food justice! This marinade recipe came from from my friend Cary's mom. I gave it the title Libby's Marinade, but I also call it that "100 ingredient Marinade". It seems like there are 100 ingredients in it - but it is worth all the work! My whole family agrees that this is their favorite chicken. Twangy and slightly hot it makes your taste buds twang!!! Hope you get the gumption to try it - it's worth it!

Libby's Chicken Marinade
1 Tablespoon Liquid Smoke
1 cup vinegar
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup cooking sherry
1/3 cup white wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon onion salt
1 teaspoon powdered ginger
2 teaspoon Texas Pete hot sauce
2 teaspoon pepper
1 Tablespoon poultry seasoning

Blend all ingredients together and add 1 cup cooking oil. Mix well. Marinate meat 4 to 6 hours. Grill chicken over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes per side.



Here is a picture of most of the "100" ingredients!

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

Hmmm... this looks like something I should try on my family while they are visiting. I think I have most things in my pantry already.

Robin said...

Yup I think I got it all too except for the liquid smoke. Looks yummy!

noble pig said...

I love liquid smoke and am always looking a new recipe for it!